Let’s continue with the second part of Run HCM Extract in Fusion HCM.
Before looking into this article, you must go through the first part of creating HCM Extract to know the first 9 steps “Oracle Fusion HCM- Steps to create HCM Extract“.
In this article, we will look into the below topics in detail.
In the first part of this article we have run the “HR Data extract Sample” After running the HCM Extract, you could see status as Succeeded as shown in below snapshot. Now we will see further steps to create and run HCM Extract.
So further without delay, let’s get started
Define Delivery option –
Now click on delivery icon and in the extract delivery option click Add.
Enter the following details in extract delivery option fields.
|Delivery Option Name||XML Output|
|Delivery Type||WebCenter Content|
In the additional details section, enter the following values .
Note : These are required fields for WebCenter Content delivery
|Integration Name||Demo Integration|
Click Submit and click ok at the validation message.
Now Run the extract, follow the same step to run extract, first go to Submit Extract. Enter name “HR Data Extract Sample Run“, enter effective date – Select today’s date and click submit. Refresh until you see green check mark .
you can download the output now from the download icon. (shown in above snapshot). This is the XML output you can see
How to load the XML data into word document
To create RTF Template, first you need to export the XML schema.
Go to Extract Execution tree and click on Export XML Schema button (shown in below snapshot)
Save the downloaded HR Data Extract Sample_2000-01-01.xsd file to desktop.
Now load the XML data into word document
- Launch Microsoft Word and open a new blank document, click BI publisher.
- In load data section click XML Schema
- Browse to the desktop and select XSD file that we have exported from your extract definition, after that you can see Data Loaded Successfully Message.
- Now we will create template field– in the insert section click on Field. The field window appears .
How to Create RTF Template in Word
- In the document enter Report name -and then double click the REP_CATEGORY_NAME
- On new line enter Report Date– and then double click the effective_date
- Similarly, on new line enter Legislative Data Group – and double click on legislative_data_group_id
- on new line, add Department fields as follows:
- in the insert section, click the Table Wizard icon, then select Form and click Next
- in the data set list, select the grouping field that end with departments and click next
- now use right arrow button to move Department_Name, Employee_Count to the column on the right and click finish button.
- Add employee field as follows:
- create a new line before end departments, click the table wizard icon
- in the table wizard window, select table, click next
- in the data set list, select the grouping field that end with Employee_Details and then click next.
- use the right arrow button to move the Full_Name and other fields (if any you have added before) to the right.
- click the finish button.
- your final document should look like this. (refer below snapshot)
- Save your template as an RTF file, save the file to the desktop as a rich text format (RTF) file named DeptEmployees.rtf . Now you can close the word document.
Note : we will use this RTF file to create the template in BI Publisher
So far we have seen the following topic – Defining Delivery option, How to load the XML data into word document, How to Create RTF Template in Word.
In next article we will see “Creating BI Publisher report using RTF Template“
Thanks for reading !!!