HCM Extract Components in Oracle Fusion HCM with example
What is HCM Extract –
HCM Extract Components –
The different components of HCM Extracts are: Extract Definition, Data Groups, Extract Records and Attributes
1. Extract Definition :
An extract definition includes complete setup of an extract, which consist of:
Extract data groups,
Filter criteria and,
Extract definition consists of:
One or more data groups based on the number of logical entities you want to extract,
Data Group Example of Employee Payroll Balance Report
One or more records based on the number of data groups you want to collect
HCM Extract Record Example
Lastly, one or more attributes based on how many individual fields of data you want to collect.
2. Data Groups:
Extract data group represents a logical group or business area such as Person, Assignment, Employee. Hence the application uses this information to retrieve data from database item groups. Further we define one data group as the root data group and this data group is the starting point of data extract.
Because data group connections capture the association details between the current data group to the root data group. And also we can define set filtering conditions to perform.
for example – Department and Employee data groups have the data group connection link through department_id.
3. Records :
Extract Records represent a grouping of related data or a physical collection of all fields required within the extract. Also for instance department data group can have Department Details, Department summary. Likewise records can also define a collection of attributes that you can organize in a required sequence.
Therefore, if a data group has 4 records, then you can specify the sequence in which the application processes the records.
|Example of HCM Extract Definition – Data groups-Records -Attributes|
4. Attributes :
An attribute is the lowest attribute level of an HCM extract which represents a piece of information. Also the Attribute is an individual field inside extract record.
for example – employee first name, employee last name, employee date of birth.
Output types of HCM Extract :
- In fact each of these output types requires the BI Publisher Template.
Delivery Types :
1) Emails – Emails the file
2) FTP – Send the file to an external file system
3) Fax – Send the output to a Fax machine
4) File System – Also can be used with on-premise versions of Human Capital Management
5) WebCenter Content – Used to create extract with encrypted or non-encrypted data and transmit them to Oracle WebCenter content
6) Inbound Interface – Used to associate an eText layout to format the data in HDL file and deliver the output as a file to the Oracle WebCenter content server
7) Document of Record – Stores the output in the database so the employee can access it from the document of record pages. for example – Payslip
8) Printer – Send the data to printer to print
9) None – This is the default delivery type and in short None delivery type will store a copy of output XML that can be accessed via payroll checklist. Because this type is intended for testing purposes and not intended for production-ready exports.
This is a brief description of HCM Extract Components in Oracle Fusion HCM and how they work together with example.